Girl Be Heard Ambassador and Teaching Artist
World Learning Cultural Exchange
This is a short-term job opportunity for a special event that Girl Be Heard will be hosting. Candidates MUST be available 9AM to 12PM on Friday, June 13, 8AM to 7PM on Friday, June 20th and 8AM to 4PM on Saturday, June 21st. Because of the short-term nature of this event, we will only consider candidates who are currently members or staff of Girl Be Heard.
Girl Be Heard will host the second annual World Learning Cultural Exchange on June 20th and 21st, 2014. Each year, World Learning brings emerging leaders from around the world to the United States for a cultural exchange. This summer they will be bringing 30 Pakistani, Indian, and American students to New York, where Girl Be Heard will host them for these two days.
We are seeking candidates to serve as Girl Be Heard Ambassadors and Teaching Artists to lead groups of approximately 10 students for this event. Ideal candidates will be strong communicators, have experience leading groups, exhibit professionalism and punctuality, and represent the Girl Be Heard spirit of courtesy, kindness, justice and love!
• Serve as a welcoming ambassador for Girl Be Heard,
• Ensure that all participants have a safe, positive experience visiting our city.
• Create an inclusive space for students to share and grow.
• Engage a diverse group of students through discussion and theatre, as they explore personal and global issues.
• Attend required training on Friday, June 13, 9AM-12PM.
• Must be available Friday, June 13, 9AM-12PM, Friday, June 20th, 8AM-7PM and Saturday, June 21st, 8AM-4PM.
• Applicants must be flexible, patient, and calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of New York City and a good sense of direction is helpful.
• Experience facilitating hands-on, interactive workshops is a plus.
• Experience teaching and working with youth is a plus.
• First Aid certification is a plus.
• Passion for social change and girls’ empowerment.
Please send resume and cover letter highlighting your passion and experience to Dena Adriance, Director of Educational Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission: Monday, May 26, 2013
Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. Queer individuals, trans* people, people of color, and women are highly encouraged to apply.