Social Media Fellow/Feminist-in-Residence
We are seeking applicants for a Social Media Feminist-in-Residence to work and learn in our Brooklyn office for a minimum of 15 hours/week. In addition to supporting the Communications Associate and the Executive Assistant, this fellow will have opportunities to apply diverse skills and take leadership on projects. This is a paid, part-time position.
Girl Be Heard is committed to working with women around the world to provide them with the tools they need to become leaders in their communities. Through opportunities for performance, writing, and touring of girls’ original work, the Artistic Program enables a girl-led movement through the arts.
• Oversee social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Develop innovative youth-engaging messaging to be executed online
• Provide administrative support to the Communications Associate
• Promote organizational goal to empower youth
• Establish consistency of organizational message and voice across multiple networks
• Manage online discussions by listening to users and responding in a timely manner to users’ needs and requests
• Monitor and track youth engagement online
• Cross pollinate social media presence with Girl Be Heard partners online
• Grow global movement to create a fearless space for girls (ages 8-21) to write and perform their own work
• Interest in theatre, online marketing, and global issues affecting girls
• Social media savvy and computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Dropbox)
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written
• Exceptional writing and flair for using social networking speak
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Experience taking/editing digital photos and video a plus
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Juliany Taveras at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.