2011 – 2022 Impact ReportCheck out the amazing things we achieved over the last decadeLearn More
Latest News About Girl Be Heard
Important Stats Before Girl Be Heard
- 600 + young people enrolled per year
- 15 K+ in audiences reached
- 40 staff in two global locations
- 90 %+ of participants surveyed report improvements across social and emotional learning outcomes like positive self-identity, social capital, and self-efficacy.
- 90 %+ of seniors graduate and matriculate into college, with recent graduates attending University of Chicago, Harvard and Yale University
- $ 1.65 M in 2022 budget from $300 in 2008
Testimonials for Girl Be Heard
Artistic Company Member
Finally I’m around people who are like me, who have the same passions and goals. It means everything to me to be able to work with people who are passionate about artivism and to feel that I’m not alone in the struggle, I’m not alone in my protest, I’m not alone in changing the world.
Active Participant and youngest ever appointed United States Youth Laureate
My favorite Girl Be Heard memory was during our Sunday workshops. It was the first time I was in this performance space with people who wanted to cause changes but in a way that embodied the community, because often I perform alone.
Former Teaching Artist
Girl Be Heard provided the best online training I've ever had in any of my jobs. They're geniuses. Something I've learned and really appreciate from GBH is the emphasis on really being compassionate towards our students and also to ourselves.
Our Alumni Shine In the Lights
Dominique Fishback won a Bafta award for her role in Judas and the Black Messiah
Jamilah Rosemond has been in several movies including The Best Man and the upcoming Rustin. She started as a participant in 2016, and is now a Girl Be Heard board member.
Meera Dasgupta was the youngest-ever person appointed U.S. Poet Laureate in 2020
Watch Our Transformative Performances
Our participants agree that Girl Be Heard and the ensemble-model have changed their lives. Their artivism has transformed audiences, from the intimacy of their homes to theater attendants.Explore GBH Performances